Tuesday 29 November 2016

How I Synchronised the Audio For My Film.

I recorded the audio for my film through a shotgun microphone, mounted through a boom, which recorded into a separate audio recorder. This meant that I needed to synchronise the audio to the video in premiere pro.

There are many techniques I have learned through working on a film set which made this process easier.

The first in which is to start recording the audio, then say 'sound speed' into the mic,
Then start recording the visuals,
At this point, say the scene and take of which you are filming (making it easier to navigate in post production)
The most important part here is to make a 'clap' sound (either from a clapper or just clapping hands) - This allows you to use the spike in the audio waveform to sync the audio to the picture.

This can be seen from the red bar on the bottom image


No comments:

Post a Comment