Thursday 16 February 2017

Ancillaries: Creating A Film Poster


Here are some screenshots showing the progression of creating my film poster.

This was the initial idea I had for the poster, however, it didn't particularly look much like a poster advertising a film, so I changed it.













 I started experimenting with text and re-colouring the photos.



On top of this, I used a dark rock texture for the title to sit on top of.


I also downloaded the font 'steeltongs' for the credits for the film. I then made it narrower and taller.

I wanted to use 2 photos on the poster as it shows two elements of the film, so the audience sees what the film will include.

The top image is a warm, sun-filled photo showing the 3 protagonists relaxing - whereas the bottom image shows them looking more stressed, and is cold, suggesting there may be darker moments in the film.

I believe that by including the convention of long narrow text - I made by poster look somewhat legitimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment