Wednesday 14 September 2016

Deconstruction of Bertie Gilbert's 'Rocks That Bleed' - Codes and Conventions


Bertie Gilbert is an actor/director who epitomises the codes and conventions of short film. Whilst his work is high budget, I intend to use it as inspiration for my film - these codes and conventions will be useful in terms of audience, as they establish expectations, the audience will expect to see certain items:

Minimalistic title


















Introducing the main characters instantly





Use of enigma code



















Purposeful dialogue (to the point)





















I intend to use all of these codes and conventions in my film, as they help provide a clearer narrative for the audience, making the story I want to tell (and how I want to tell it) more accessible.

No comments:

Post a Comment