Tuesday 20 September 2016

Further Inspiration: Nate Gunn


An extreme wide-shot of three travelers in Greenland
Nate Gunn is a cinematographer who has a large following on video streaming site Vimeo. Gunn creates beautiful shorts (usually lasting 2-3 minutes) which document a travelling experience. Normally, there is a person talking over the stunning footage.

An instance of Gunn's composition (rule of thirds)
(This may be one of the biggest influences for my film, as I wish to use the shaky-style of cinematography, in order to give a more, personal, intimate feel. I am also going to include a poem (written by one of the characters) read out at the end, whilst various footage of the actors plays over.

On top of this, Gunn's work features multiple shots of people exploring the wilderness, a key part of my film.







A time-lapse shot of people constructing a tent








This video was of particular interest to me, as it included many exciting ways to frame 3 subjects walking. 









I specifically wanted to replicate this shot, as using a macro lens meant that I didn't have to worry about framing the background so much. 



No comments:

Post a Comment