Tuesday 27 September 2016

Workshop by Sion Rowe


Last lesson, our media class had a visit from Sion Rowe, someone who has worked on music videos and has a wide breadth of knowledge regarding editing on Premiere Pro.

Sion conducted a workshop on how to create effective titles. I found this incredibly beneficial in regards to making my piece as he focused on creating text almost identical to how I want my opening title to be. (I simply want to use a different font and have waves behind the text.)


Here is an image of Sion demonstrating how to create this specific text effect.




















Here is my attempt at replicating the same effect.












This exercise will be vital in aiding narrative and genre. This is because the waves behind the text will help represent and establish the location of the story, And the simplistic yet effective title is conventional within independent film.












No comments:

Post a Comment