Sunday 18 September 2016

Further Inspiration: Swiss Army Man


Recently I watched the film 'Swiss Army Man' - Directed by Daniel Kwan + Daniel Scheinert - Starring Daniel Radcliffe and Paul Dano.

Image result for swiss army man

The film follows a man named Hank (Paul Dano) trapped on an island, and finds a corpse (Daniel Radcliffe) who has many practical powers (Water supply through his mouth, his arms can be used as an axe.) Hank then teaches the corpse (now named Manny) what it is to be human, and Manny progressively becomes more alive.
Image result for swiss army man

This film is inspirational to my film making as it has many elements which I was hoping to encapsulate; such as an elliptical editing style (eg. finding berries, then cut to Hank vomiting) on top of this, the costume in the film is similar to what I want my actors to look like (however not as extreme)

Image result for swiss army man trailer



No comments:

Post a Comment